Wee Class (2-3 yrs old)

Big Class (3-6 yrs old)

FrançaisEnglish
History of the school
Section: About us

 

 

 “One of the most urgent endeavours to be undertaken on behalf of the reconstruction of society is the reconstruction of education. It must be brought about by giving children the environment that is adapted to their nature.”

 

 

 

The International Montessori School was created in 1999 in order to offer a specific and bilingual education to the Toulouse area.

The school follows the Montessori educational principles giving every pupil the opportunity to blossom as an individual, feeding the child on self-respect and on the respect of others.


 

The school is international both in terms of its teaching staff and of its children who all come from different cultural and linguistic backgrounds.

 

This deliberate choice of cultural mix supports Maria Montessori's views , as she called herself as a "citizen of the World" and fought for promoting peace in the world through education.

 

Set in the countryside, in an old "maison de maître" surrounded by a park, large trees and a vegetable garden, the school offers exceptional working conditions as it satisfies the children's need for beauty, space and calm.

 

 

 

Two bilingual directresses founded the International Montessori school: Maria McAdam, Scottish and Feodora Stancioff, American. They first met during their Montessori teachers training in London (Association Montessori Internationale) and met again with a common pedagogical project in mind after having worked ten years in Paris and Geneva.

 

The International Montessori School is a private nursery school registered with the French Ministry of Education.

 

It is under the legal status of a French "Association Loi 1901" (non-profit organisation). It receives no subsidies. The president of the Association is Catherine Gilliand.